[LRflex] Wishing you a belated Berry X'mas!

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CRR LUTON ENGLAND" <leica.luton@xxxxxxxxxx>, "David Lee" <leirex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:57:39 -0800

The humming birds were taking a rest during the cold and windy past
couple of days, so I've been shooting plain foliage instead, void of
their usual winged visitors.  Here are more experiments of the
LeiCanon kind, this time w/ Summicron-R 90/2 shot wide open to see the
bokeh effects, and with just auto-contrast applied in Photoshop:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/333539393/

The same image here with more Photoshopping:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/333534123/
(Do you think this is good enough to send as a X'mas card next year?
Pity there's no snow here in the Bay Area to accentuate the mood!)

Another bokeh experiment here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/333534121
Can someone name this flowering shrub?  I haven't the foggiest what it
is, but the individual tiny flowers bloom only this time in the year
and are 10mm across maximum, typically about 6mm across in bloom.  The
buds are only 2-3mm across.

Next time round I need to try some portraits with this older 2-cam
lens.  One has to use stopped-down metering on the Canon 20D anyway,
so no difference how many cams the R-lens has ;-) !  BTW I LIKE the
R-to-EOS adapter with focus confirmation.....it helps in tricky macro
situations.

Warm Regards esp. to those in cold weather!
~ Eric Chan