[LRflex] Re: Western Scrub Jay

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:24:54 -0700

Doug,

I a word, stunning. Thank you.

Bill

On Jun 2, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Douglas Herr wrote:

Today's new bird picture, a common but elusive corvid of western
North America.  The Western Scrub Jay is noisy and combatitive when
safely out of range, and comes within range only long enough to grab
the crumb that fell from your sandwich:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/corvidae/wsja02.html

Alas, I had no sandwich so I got cloe the old-fasioned way: I waited
and wached and melted into the background.

Technical stuff:  R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 with UET-R, shoulder stock &
monopod.
ISO 400, no noise reduction.  Aperture: f/6.8, shutter speed: yes

All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com