[LRflex] Re: WELDING METAL SPARK ON FRONT ELEMENT! :-(

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 19:37:59 -0700

Yikes! That's an expensive mistake!

Even worse than my getting a stone chip in the front element of a 10 day old
Olympus lens, when a barrel-racing horse threw up a spray of rocks. I ducked,
the camera didn't.

that one cost me a new front element ... not cheap! And all because my UV
filter was "on order", at the time!

Thanks for sharing, Ted!

David.

Hi Crew & David or
whomever, J

Yeah a long time ago and me
less experienced photographing welding sparks as a welder was doing his work?
was a tad tooooooooooooo close! OOPS!!!!! I'm shooting away thinking I'm
getting neat images of molten metal flying about. Yeah some were "kinda cool"
LOOKING as I vaguely recall ?

HOWEVER? some of those molten
sparks landed on the front element of the LEICA lens I was using. L I forget
which? But let's say the "dirt on the lens" when I
was finished? Well it wasn't dirt it was the molten flying metal had
burnt into the glass surface!! YEP OOPS BIGTIME! L

The rest is memory failure?
But I think I sold the lens and bought another? L

cheers,

Dr.ted J

TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM

/html>