[LRflex] Re: Tree Huggers... Part 1.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:26:47 -0700

Philippe Amard wrote:

>fantastic - i do want a Leicanon for Xmas
>
>Congratulations David, all the more so as I tried my luck on squirrels
>climbing up in trees during the summer, and films ISO betrayed me as i
>had a dramatic choice to make between speed, depth of field and/or dark
>pixes - and finally got it all wrong - sad
>
>thanks for sharing with us
>yours
>Phileica

Hi Philippe!

Thank you. :-)

High ISO's are necessary when using the f6.8 Telyt. Even wide open, it's
a  "bright day" lens, unless you've got a monopod and high ISO film.

Even on a reasonably bright, fall day, at ISO 3200, the woods were dark
enough that wide open, the shutter speed was 1/100th of a second! It's
no wonder that only one of four shots were truly sharp, even using the
shoulder stock!

But the LeiCanon is a joy to use... and despite some people's complaints
that there is a lot of 'noise' in such photos (and, they are right)
there is still a lot less  problem from 'noise' than there would be from
'grain' in a similar speed film!

I hope your Christmas wish comes true!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.