[LRflex] Re: The worth of a photograph....

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:19:47 +0100

Ouch David,

this photo triggered a flow of negative comments on the LUG ...
Bad handling of the camera for one, bad PR in the Western world, etc.

But does Leica care? No! they're after people with the bucks for their
new toy; Russians, Chinese, and people from the Middle East ...

Better send a couple of pixes to that competition Doug pointed us to ...

Now as to Dimitri's 'snapshot' price tag, it is part of tax deductions
and/or stroking the right shoulder of someone in a position to
favourably influence your business  :-)

Amitiés
No qualms Philippe

Le 21 janv. 10 à 20:09, David Young a écrit :

> One million British Pounds, apparently.
>
> That's the price recently paid for a photograph by the current
> Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, who is, it seems, an enthusiastic
> photographer.
>
> The article can be found, here:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/photoblog/2010/01/the_price_of_a_picture.html
>
> However, lower down in the article, is a photo of Medvedev,
> himself.  Is he holding what I *think* he's holding?
>
> (It doesn't look like a Fed, Smena, Zenit or Keiv, to me!)
>
> Cheers!
>

> ---
> David Young
> Logan Lake, Canada.