[LRflex] Re: The limits of digital...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:42:54 -0700

ARNOLD CHONG wrote:

>Velvety feather gradation, yellow tipped tail, red berry in the beak just
>before swallowing, gave viewer powerful impact for nature photography. Blurred
>bird in flight is another interesting bokeh.
>
>Thanks for sharing your experience.
>http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Waxwing.htm

Good Mornin' Arnold!

Thank you,  for your kind words.

I used the subject "the limits of digital", because I was disappointed
in the lack of fine detail in the wings. Somehow, I felt film would have
done better.  And it might have, at ISO 100.  But at ISO 1600, I think not.

Besides, my resident bird expert (Rose) tells me that that's how they
look, close up. The feathers blend seamlessly from one into the next. It
is, apparently, why they're called "waxwings"!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm