[LRflex] Re: The Sign

  • From: Neil <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:06:34 -0500

Hi David,

From:     David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016
[...]
But something is very odd with this photo.

Take a look.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/BeerSign.html

The tent, sky, snow, clothes, faces, etc. are all the right colours.

But the sign appears to be RED lettering on a YELLOW background.  In
reality, it has BLACK lettering on a flourescent ORANGE background.

Can anyone tell my why this should be?

A few things that I noticed...
On my screen, the lettering looks purple on a background that is yellow with a hint of red (not enough to be "orange").

Reflections of the sign in the ice in front of it are red.

If I look at the picture off-axis by tilting my screen (LCD), the lettering looks black on a florescent orange background! Also, the lighting looks more as I would expect during the tilt, but gets too "dark" by the time the sign's colors are correct.

All of this leads me to think that sensors have rendered the quirky colors as a result of trying to balance the light levels between the bright snow and subjects in the shade.

Best regards,

Neil

------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
Archives are at: