[LRflex] Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:43:41 -0700

Aram wrote:

Cool. Mine fits my XTi so tightly that there should be no problem of it slipping off.

On the 30D (at least, mine) it fits rather tightly, but not so tight that it would not come off, with a good bump. When I have some spare time (Ha!) I'm going to see if I can cut a tiny notch in the Canon's mounting plate with a Dremel tool, so that the "prongs" have something to engage, as they would on a Nikon 200D.

When the R8 came out I thought it was the ugliest thing I had seen in quite some time. Then I handled one a few yearslater, and the rest is history. I now think it is the best looking camera on the market. Heavy, but good looking....

I felt exactly the same way. It will be interesting to see if the R10 fits the R8/9 mould, or is something entirely different.

Happy shooting now that you can see what you are looking at....

Thanks. I expect great things from you and your XTi, now that you have a better view, too! (Of course, we normally see great things from you!)