[LRflex] Re: Still Life. :-)

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:40 -0700

Dave Saalsaa asked:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Still Life. :-)

> So, Ted, when do you write the book  "The Life and Times of Ted Grant"
> portrait of a working photographer. ?
> > I'd buy a copy.<<<<<<<<

Hi Dave,
Over the years I've gathered/written a great many stories & anecdotes, many
just the idea jotted down as a reminder to write.

The working title has been kicked around for years. "Real Photographers
Shoot B&W. sometimes colour."

It's a collection of stories and photographs from my career. I ran it by my
publisher a few years ago and they turned it down. I feel it's going to be
their loss sooner or later. However, I'm not going to roll over dead because
they did. I just think it wasn't presented properly, but given they've had
first refusal I can go to a new publisher. At the moment I'm trying to spend
more time writing and remembering the events before I lose them.

Then I thought maybe the guys and gals might be a "good test crew" for some
of them for re-action. It does seem to be working with the comments and
encouragement to keep going so every once in a while I feed some to the list
to see what happens. :-)
Thanks,.

ted.