[LRflex] Re: Steam Trains in Black and White

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:21:27 +0200

Jerry,
Not recently, many years ago I used to go up to Carnforth, and I did a
lot of walking in Ribblesdale, around the Settle to Carlisle line.
But, having been in Germany for over 30 years I don't get back to the
West of the Pennines much.
The line shown on most of the shots is the North Yorkshire Moors Railway
(Google on NYMR, it's a good site) which ios in the process of being
integrated into the local passenger transport system, everyone wants to
travel with steam again - amazing!
cheers
Douglas