[LRflex] Re: Spring Cleanning Time or R7!

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:58:06 -0700

Xavier  wrote:

>Hello Gents!

Careful, there, Xavier!  We have 4 ladies on the list, these days!  ;-)

>I did a thing that will probably make you scream: in fact i was pretty
>unhappy about the focusing scrren of my R7, it had stains, dirt, etc.
>
>So I took a toothbrush, some wter and soap and gave the focusing screen a
>good bath!
>
>It worked! all the stains have been removed and the dirt on the split image
>also!
>
>just to know, am I the only one who went for this extreme measure?

I'm glad to hear that it worked!  I trust you used a very soft, old,
toothbrush!

Given the huge risk of scratches,

I think I'd use Douglas Sharp's method, and take mine to an optician
to have it cleaned in his ultrasonic bath.  Here, they'll usually do
it for free!

Did you use a "pressure washer" on the body, too?  ;-)

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Limited Edition Prints at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm