[LRFlex] Re: SL/R8 finders, etc.

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:40:36 -0600

I like your "fleet/interchangable back" idea Doug.
Reminds me of a photographer I heard of years ago [may have been Jim Marshall ?].
Supposedly, whenever he bought a new lens, he would buy a new body to put it on !
BTW, I'm down to my last 2 rolls of K25, guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and "make do" with K64 and K200.
GaryP

From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Leicaflex SL finder v R8 finder
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:30:00 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Tony Salce <salcet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't posted too much here but am interested in users comments on the
> differences between the respective finders of the SL and the R8.

Tony, as I'm sure you know I'm a die-hard SL user and I've only used a borrowed R8 for a day. I found the R8's viewfinder nearly as bright as the SL viewfinder, and if you need diopter correction the R8's built-in adjustment is a big plus. In manual mode the R8 handles very much like an SL with an excellent metering display.

The main reason I'm using SL bodies instead of R8 is that I like to have several film types available at all times so I use a small fleet of SL bodies as though they were interchangable film backs, and a fleet of SLs is much more affordable than a fleet of R8 bodies.

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm