[LRflex] Re: R System les on the new M (typ 240)

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 17:20:56 -0700

Let me add to that. The auto diaphragm is not so much a deal breaker for me as I have been attempting to use R glass on a Canon and now a Nikon. It is inconvenient, to be sure, but if the focus indicator on the M 240 will work down to a descent f-stop, that would be fine.

Here are spome things I would like to ask someone who is actually using the M 240, like George.

1. How much shutter delay is there since I assume the live view in the viewfinder has the shutter open, and the shutter must close, and then reopen to expose the sensor. At least this is the way I assume it works.

2. When your R lens is stopped down to say f-8, how easy is it to focus in the EVF? Does the fact that the lens has a fairly large Depth of Field at the aperture mean it cannot pick up the actual critical focus distance and there is more slop in its performance? How about at F-11 or f-16? I know my Nikon D600 has a hard time at f-8.

3. Does the EVF compensate for the stopped down lens and brighten up the view so it always looks good?

4. If you have the camera set in manual mode, and you change shutter and f-stop so the image will be under or over exposed, is this reflected in the EVF or does it maintain the same brightness no matter what the settings will produce on the final image?

Any info about this from you, George, would be greatly appreciated by me, and perhaps the group.

Aram