[LRflex] Re: Question for Doug Herr Re: Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:32:36 -0500 (EST)

David Scollard wrote:

>I have this sinking feeling that I'm the one guy on this list who always
>seems to ask the dumb questions - but what the heck, here goes -- Doug -
>what is the "Red" camera ?? [I figured out all by myself that FF35 is full
>frame 35mm equivalent].

http://www.red.com

It's optimized for video capture, can do high-resolution stills too.  The
Scarlet FF35 is the 'economy' model @ only US$12,000 (lens, lens mount,
viewfinder, battery not included)  Lens mounts available include RED
electronic, Nikon, Canon.  I'll bet it wouldn't be hard to make a Leica-R mount
for it.  A little bit out of my price range, fencing and car repairs have
higher priority.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com