[LRflex] Re: Problem with twist-on lens shade for 28mm and 35mm R lenses

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:28:19 -0500

Hello Gordon,
I have zip first hand experience with either lens nor their lens hoods. Best I
can offer are a couple of hypotheses to check: 1) Is the lens shade slightly
misaligned upon the lense and causing it to bind on the lens? 2) Has the lens
shade become slightly out of round and causing it to bind? 3) is the pin path
in the shade obstructed or mishappen? 4) Have you 100% Verified that the lens
shade you have at hand is definitely the shade for the lenses you specified? 5)
Conversely, are those lenses the design generation you think they are?

Hope I might have sparked a path to a solution for you, sir.
Let the group know your outcome if ya would.

Sincerely,
Richard in Michigan

My Sarcasm Fu Is Strong,
Proceed With Caution.  :-)