[LRFlex] Re: Oh No, not again? Tamron SP Lens

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 07:59:29 +0000

Art,

Your answer and POV rejoin the few articles read from the net. Sharp but flat colors. My Zoom gives better results but with a permanent skylight 1B on it. I had several tamron lenses and found it enhanced their performance in color rendition, in my eye!

Indeed, the 24mm is mostly enough, it does not perturbate the lines too much. According to Arthur's book on the R7, the 24mm is best between 5.6 and 11.

Yes, I think the 21mm won't be much of use too in my "style".

Thnaks for the answer.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Oh No, not again? Tamron SP Lens
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:31:07 EDT

Xavier,

I've had several examples of the Tamron SP 17, both with and without built-in
filters and ALL were quite "Flat". By that I mean little contrast and only
fair color saturation, even with K 25 Professional! My 21 Super Angulon, which I
don't use much, is so much better, it's like night and day.

I'm thinking about getting a 24, mostly from seeing some of your shots. I
really don't need the scope of the 21 and I think that the 24 would do the trick.

Art Tafil