[LRflex] Re: Now we should all be lucky enough to shoot like this young guy! :-)

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:13:11 -0700

Andy Wagner asked:

Subject: [LRflex] Re: Now we should all be lucky enough to shoot like this
young guy! :-)

>>>When is he going to participte in the group? I'm sure we'd all welcome
him as another contributor and someone's expertise to draw upon.<<<

Hi Andy,

I have to say he's so busy all the time coming and going to events he hardly
has time to be home. And when he faces a computer screen it's working on
hundreds of images shot at whatever sport event he's covering. Actually as
soon as there's any kind of break, he's down loading and editing off his lap
top as soon as he can.

I talk to him more on the phone than e-mails because when he gets a break
from a computer screen it's the last thing he wants to do, look at the
screen to read e-mails.

Now that isn't to say he wouldn't answer questions, I know he would because
he's learned that with all his experience he must give back to photography
what photography has given to him. And you know where he learned that. ;-)

>>> He has a great example to follow and I'm sure he had a very tough
teacher. (spoken  from one whose father taught him the machinist trade)<<<,

That's an interesting father - son relationship!  Early on I gave him praise
for an incredible photo, I mean it didn't matter who shot it, it was one of
those that make you suck air and say to yourself. "How the hell did he shoot
that?"

So when I asked him about it he responded with . "Well who the heck taught
me!"  And I cried!

But he stands on his own ability without question and I love him dearly for
what he does in capturing these amazing photo moments.  So what else can I
say . "I'm a proud father!"

ted

Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry Ted

I hit the send button to soon. You have reason to be proud. I see your
influence in every one of his shots
Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right place, right time, and what an eye. The smal size of the pics on the
web page do not do him justice.

Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

When you have a son who shoots like this you just have to tell the world
about him! Damn he's great! :-)

This young fellow is an absolute incredible photographer, not only of sports
but anything he shoots.

He has a God Given photographic touch many would kill for, so I thought some
of you might like to meet him and his photography. :-)

So this is his new re-vamped site

http://www.sixsixsix.ca/info%20page-2007.htm

ted

Regards