[LRflex] Re: New Member with Leicaflex Standard Questions?

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:12:07 -0800

In a message dated 07/02/2011, G said ...

> Hello everyone:

> I'm a new member with a recently purchased Leicaflex standard MKII. I've been
> long time M shooter (M3,M2, IIIG)As a streetshooter, I''ve only ever used a
> 50mm and 35mm lens. Something about the Leicaflex kept tugging at me,
> especially this finder I heard so much about.

> I still don't have a lens for my camera but am hunting one down on the
popular
> auction site. Can't say enough about how impressed I am by the camera... I
walk
> around the house winding and shooting. Heavy beast however, without a lens!

> How many of you use the standard for street photography? What's your
experience
> with it versus an M camera with a 35 or 50mm lens.  Part of my reason for
> trying out the Leicaflex is that as a glasses wearer, I have a hard time with
> framelines on my M's.

> If I should invest in a full black paint enamel paint job/CLA, can Sherry or
> Don address any issues I may have in future with the meter, mirror, prism,
etc?

> Thank you,
> Gonzalo

Good Morning, Gonzalo!

Sorry, that I can't tell you anything about your 'flex, with regards to
street shooting... for that's a for of photography I've never done.

The 'flex is, however, a sturday beast, with an absolutely brilliant finder.

I still miss my SL.

What I wanted to say, was welcome to the Zoo!  You'll find us a congenial
group, with a lot of expertise to share, should you want it.

Glad to have you aboard!

David (the zookeeper).

--
David Young - Photographer