[LRflex] Re: My father-in-law's new

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:01:27 -0500 (EST)

Aram Langhans

>My father-in-law has been asking about extending his lens range by getting a
>zoom that goes up to 500mm.  His range ends at 200mm now.  He is 86 years
>old and lugs around his Nikon D300 , tripod and two or three lenses when we
>go on trails in Yosemite, Arches, and all sorts of places.

If he's serious about getting a lens in that range and manual focus (or focus
confirmation) is OK the 560mm f/6.8 Telyt is just about the lightest one I know
of, costs less than US $1,000, can be easily leitax'ed and can produce
excellent results.  My US $0.02 worth.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com