[LRflex] More Whales

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 06:42:01 -0700

> From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRflex] More Whales
> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:29:10 -0700
>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:20:53 -0700
> From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: More Whales
>

> Always a pleasure, Howard, to see the Orcas.  But, I continue to be blown
> away by the lack of noise at ISO 3200 in the Panasonic's images.
>
> Thanks for the reminder of "home".
> --
> David Young - Photographer

Hi David,
You are welcome!!
The high ISO noise on the Panasonic GH2 is not as good as the Nikon D700 but for
a chip which is half the size with 50% more pixels it is pretty impressive.
And, of course,
carrying a 600mm lens on the D700 would break your back in a short time, while
carrying the equivalent on the GH2 (the 100 - 300 zoom) is feather light by
comparison.
Cheers
Howard