[LRflex] More Foolin' Around...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 10:43:08 -0700

Recently, I ordered a focusing rail for my little used, bellows.  Although the
part has not yet arrived, it got me thinking of the bellows, and it's 100/4
macro-Pentax lens.

So, I tried photographing my watch...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Citizen_1.html

Results weren't bad, but I need to better control the reflections, and thus
contrast.

The second try turned out a bit better, but with a blue cast that is not in the
actual watch - though I think it would be great, in an advertisement.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Citizen_2.html

I was amazed at the shallowness of the DOF, even at f11.  After all, the
difference in distance from the lens and the watch face (and it's solar cells,
which make up the honeycomb background), rather than to the "Japan Movement"
lettering is tiny!

Comments and/or suggestions for improvement, greatly appreciated.

David.

is active.