[LRflex] Re: Leica's latest figures

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:22:05 +0200

Thanks Douglas,

let them get a Digital R out and I break the piggy bank for them at once.
Listed my R8 on Ebay this morning BTW

Amitiés de Metz
Philippe

Douglas Sharp wrote:

Considering that we are in the middle of a financial crisis, Leica has come away a lot better than many other medium and small scale enterprises in Germany, at least they haven't introduced short-time or laid anybody off.

This morning's /Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung/ reports:

*Leica still in the red*

The camera manufacturer Leica has slipped back into the red. A reported by the company in mid-Hessian Solms on Thursday, Leica registered a loss of 4.8 million euros in the financial year 2008/2009 (to 31.3.2009). In the same period of the previous year, the company made a profit of 3 million euros. Turnover figures fell by 14.1 percent to 134.2 million euros. the company expects to register a further loss in the current financial year.

Could be a lot worse.

Douglas