[LRFlex] Re: Leica R to EOS adaptors ... alternative brands. And Leica R to Oly 4/3 adapter.

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:05:20 -0800 (PST)

My guess is the small number they make, inventory and sell compared to, e.g.
Tamron adapters.  Tamron's also making money off the lens it goes onto, too.
Greed, ...errr... free market, is probably a factor, too.

I noticed on Gandy's site that he now has Leica R to Olympus E-1 adapters.
Cool!  180 Summicron becomes a 360 f/2.0!  500 2.8 with a 1.4x!  720 f/4.0 with
2x!  1000 f/5.6 with both a'la Ted!  200mm f2.8 APO 1:1 macro!   4/00 f/5.6 2:1
micro with 2x!  160mm f/1.4!

I had heard some markets had demanded an OM to E-1 adapter which Olympus does
not sell everywhere, but Gandy has that and several other mounts to E-1.  Lots
of possibilities.

Tom Schofield

S Gardner <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone have any idea why these things cost so much?  By comparison, a Tamron
adapter that's smart enough to provide full 3 cam compatibility can be had <
$70.  (Lightly used of course since they're not available new any more.)

But $175 or even $89 for an adapter?  Puh-lease!  How sophisticated are these
things?  Am I missing something?

The answer may be as simple as 'low volume of sales AND it says "Leica" on it
so we can get away with it'.

Inquiring minds want to know . . . /Scott Gardner

Don Bledsoe <d30gaijin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Forget the auction site, & go direct to Stephen Gandy's Camera Quest
site and buy the adapter direct.<<

Why pay $175 plus shipping from Camera Quest for a Leica R to EOS
adapter when you can get the Leica R to EOS adapter for $89 plus
shipping as a "Buy It Now" item from Fotodiox on eBay or simply order
direct from http://www.Fotodiox.com and bypass eBay?

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:01:34 EST, NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hey Guy's,
>
> Forget the auction site, & go direct to Stephen Gandy's Camera Quest site
> and buy the adapter direct.
>

> Art Tafil
www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

 The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!