[LRflex] Re: [Leica] Fwd: IMG: SciFi Gaudi - Lluis , Steve & Miha & all

  • From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, liste leica reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:25:14 +0200

Lluis Ripoll wrote:

Steve,

If I'm not wrong this building is CASA BATLLO,

You're right Lluis, as so often :-)
Thanks for finding the background information for Steve.
I found a 'similar' view from the pointer you offered

http://tinyurl.com/lmwl6p

Miha, you might now understand a little what it looked like before I philumixed it.

My delirium as Marc aptly called it : http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/SciFi+Gaudi+-+BW-1120032.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/SciFi+Gaudi+-+BW-1120032.jpg.html>

Thanks to all who commented on or off list - much appreciated here.
Bien amicalement
Philippe

a rich catalan industrial familly, they had a very big factory, now in the center of Barcelona is used as a High Enginyery School where I was when I was on the University, this operate as High School at least from the 50's, now is also there the Photography School of Barcelona and other artistic activities.

Casa Batllo is in the center of Barcelona, it is a really nice building, on the late 80's was purchased by Japan investors, now it belongs at the Catalonian Gouvernement.
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Casa_Batllo.html

more images on:

http://tinyurl.com/m73hcz

That's all I know

Amitiés
Lluis

El 18/09/2009, a las 22:27, Steve Barbour escribió:

a fascinating image...
something out of Star Wars...
yes, an evocative image,
but what is the story of this building?

amities,  Steve

On Sep 18, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Lluis Ripoll wrote:

Hi Philippe!

Are you born in Reus like Gaudi?, this picture is "genial", atonishing, I can't say in English (il mérite tout la considération de Gaudi en persone). I recognise the place. It is a great picture.

You will consider fun that on this building it was, maybe 25 or 30 years ago several offices etc.., I remember that it was a Medical Analytic office ("blood analyses") and I was going there, it was a building for normal use, now it deserves to be a museum.

Amitiés
Lluis

El 18/09/2009, a las 21:12, <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> escribió:

Added to the 'Openings' gallery :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/SciFi+Gaudi+-+BW-1120032.jpg.html <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/SciFi+Gaudi+-+BW-1120032.jpg.html> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Openings/SciFi+Gaudi+-+BW-1120032.jpg.html>
Thanks
Philippe

Lluis Ripoll
luisripoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx