[LRFlex] Re: It would have happened anyway...

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:41:51 +0000

Ah, David,

You tempted me (and I am obliged to you) with putting the lens in my bag this summer.

Looking at the slides I came back with, they are indeed impressive (auto-praise? Yeah, may be...), at least my Dad appreciated them.

But now, you say the R8 is bug free? It is the second system bug I find on the R7.....

If I had been the system engineer at Leica, I would have bashed myself!

Have a good day, bisou à Rose.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: It would have happened anyway...
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:10:40 -0800

Xavier & Douglas:

I just tried my 21/4 SA on the R8. Works fine, indicating F4 in P mode and the ring won't move past f22. Perhaps, Xavier, you can try in on a friends (or dealer's) R8 or R9? If it works there, it may indeed be a problem with the R7's electronics.

It may also be that the aperture ring is either worn or a bit 'off', and that may be cured by a CLA on the lens.

Good luck! It's a great piece of glass! :)

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm