[LRflex] Re: IMG kids in hospital ...

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:20:29 +0100

Steve
I second what David has written.

Also, I don't know if it is the lens, the scanning effect, or my screen, but the skin in the faces is somewhat strange for me. If you look at nose to nose, the nurse's cheek is nearly burnt out while the young lady seems to wear a slight - but blurred - down on her upper lip. I attribute it to the difficult light conditions and shadows, but this might be taken into consideration before going to print or during proof-reading. So, depending on the caption, you might want to attract the viewer to the lady or to the kid first - whose nose only - perfectly rendered - can be seen. Put it differently, which is the "reading" direction you'd like to get? From that, you might have to adjust the tones on one or the other.

I admire what you're doing here, and you know this.

Thanks for showing and sharing.
Amitiés
phx

David Young wrote:

Steve Barbour showed:

first...nose to nose in the ICU...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/mn.jpg.html
second, aide...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/hospital+kids/aide.jpg.html

Good Mornin' Steve!

Can't say that the second shot impresses me... almost a look of panic in the young girl's eyes.

But, the first shot ... "nose to nose" ... is both technically excellent and inspiring to look at! The plane of focus includes both the eyelashes of the young lady, and the patient's nose - which is the center of the attention. Without being graphic, this photo, to me, symbolizes all that is good, in medicine, and gives the viewer hope that the outcome will be a good one.

Nicely done!

Wildlife Photographs: http://www.furnfeather.net