[LRflex] Re: IMG: just for the light.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:45:43 -0700

Philippe wrote:

The surprise came from the speed and aperture (handheld) at 50mm (eq 100mm on a 35mm) of the shoot, and the resulting skin detail when the snap is viewed large as Steve pointed it out. Let me know what you think about it.

G'mornin' Philippe!

Amazing! I had only looked at the smaller version, and it is, as I said, a shot in lovely light!

In the large size you can easily see the skin detail. This only enhances a bucolic scene ... the contrast between the "fuzzy" world of mist and the sharp, detailed world of the cows adds substantially to the shot!

Well done, you!

When I first used Rose's new Pentax k10D, I was truly amazed at the capabilities that IS adds to a camera. I was shooting photos of our cat at 1/15th, hand held, in which you could see every hair.

What I like about the K10D is that the IS is in the body, not the lens. Thus, Rose's old lenses are instantly upgraded. If Leica add IS to the R10, I hope they follow the Pentax route ... I'd like my old 90 Summicron to have IS!!!!

PS: Geography : If anyone likes Tour de France, they'll have heard of La Mongie which is a stone throw from there.

A few years ago, when the Tour de France suffered the great drug scandals, over here it quickly became known as the "Tour de Farce"! ;-)