[LRflex] Re: IMG: almost...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:29:05 -0800

Douglas Herr showed and said:
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: almost...

>>I was ready to make a simple portrait of this Common Merganser when the
flock decided to leave.  I hit the shutter release as quickly as reflexes
allowed; I wish I'd gotten the framing better to get whole wing in the
picture:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/come13.jpg

disclaimer: most of the water ahead of the bird was cloned<<<<

Hi Doug,

Cloned water or not it's great! Yeah the top of the wing would've been nice,
but do you know what?

Man the rest of it is so great one just shakes their head at your ability to
capture images as drop dead beautifully sharp and on the wing as this. You
can add it to your next book production! :-)

Oh and there's no need to tell folks you cloned in some water, like who
cares? I mean if you'd cloned in the missing wing, now that would be kind of
"cheating." ;-) But the water?  Naw no big deal!

I agree with David Young that you could crop some of the foreground and in
doing so you create a feeling the bird is flying even faster. About an inch
as the image opened on screen, but it's a sort of feeling thing and I
believe worth a try.

No mon ami no need to do a confessional for some water cloning even though
you did it extremely well.

Besides nobody looks that close when the photo is so well shot.

Damn yer good lad! :-)

ted.