[LRflex] Re: IMG: United Nations, 1946

  • From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:28:26 -0800

Thank you, David.  Ada is indeed incredible.  She's almost 90. There are
physical challenges, but her mind is completely sharp. When I asked for
these photos to scan, it led to an evening of stories about that time.
The realities of living under Stalin are barely conceivable to us in
North America.

I've scanned some more of her pictures, still have to work on them.
Watch this space. Old photos are precious!

P.S.  I'm really enjoying the Olympus E-30.  All the controls are in the
right place(!)  For the stuff that an SLR is better at than an RF, it's
a peach!  Let's hope the company gets beyond the financial shenanigans,
because they make good stuff.

--Peter