[LRflex] Re: IMG: River Otter

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:42:52 -0500

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not thrilled about the cluttered background or how much I had to crop,
but I'm delighted that after at least 10 years of trying to photograph this
critter I've finally gotten one photo I'm willing to show:

http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/carnivores/nrott00.html

Technical stuff:  R8/DMR @ISO 400, 560mm f/6.8, shoulder stock & monopod
Sacramento County California last weekend
Doug,
  I like it.  The lighting is perfect for the animal's coat.  The
pose is perfect.  The background isn't that distracting, and the
harmony between the larger rocks and the size and shape of his head
combine with his overly serious expression to suggest a humorous link
between the two, but not to a degree to detract from displaying the
animals beauty.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein