[LRflex] Re: IMG: Mountain Bluebird

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:33:01 -0700

On Jun 15, 2009, at 5:05 AM, Doug Herr wrote:

The lens was given to me in poor condition. I removed the camo tape & had DAG repair & re-lube the focus. I don't see a problem with this lens.

Doug,

Nor do I! These pictures and the white-faced ibis picture as well as all of your work prompt me to mention one aspect of it that intrigues me because I find it to be so difficult for me to do.

In addition to the wonderful composition, exposure, in flight tracking, sharpness, and all the other skills your work displays, and which have been mentioned by others, I particularly marvel at the way you are able to place the depth of field right where it needs to be.

I've been working on that skill for a year or more with little success, and am going to have a heart to heart talk with my ophthalmologist about why that may be, because it is clearly not my camera or lenses.

All the best,

Bill