[LRflex] Re: IMG: Another couple of Church shots

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:19:38 +0100

Hi David and Charlie,

Where is Paradiseland?

http://www.engelberg.ch/en/index.php

Now about the church; central Switzerland is mainly protestant/reformed denomination. Engelberg is at the end of a remote upper valley in cul de sac where a catholic congregation built this monastery and church long ago as a kind of island in non catholic territory. The organ there is said to be the largest in the country and one of the biggest in Europe - and the interior shot was taken while music was still being palyed after an end of term service for the (religious) secondary school. Piano masterclasses are held in the cloister and a public concert featuring the winner is organised at Easter in the BarockSall; a pure wonder. I've been going there for nearly 40 years, and I always feel the same pleasure at being there to the extent that I sometimes think I belong more there than at my place. Alice also fell in love with the location when we first went together; the best of both worlds then

Thanks for your kind interest.
Amitiés
Philippe

David Young wrote:

Philippe showed:

Inside :
http://tinyurl.com/2uq9v5
Outside :
http://tinyurl.com/2xkr6g
At the back
http://tinyurl.com/24gfq8

Good Mornin' Philippe!

I agree with Charlie... the interior shot is just gorgeous. The angle, the balance of light, it's all just perfect.

And, also, like Charlie, I want to know ...  Where?  What?