[LRflex] Re: IMG: An evening/night stroll around the Hanseatic city of Stralsund

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:30:58 -0800

Douglas offered:

>I hope you can enjoy the walk from somewhere warm:-)
>
>Cheers
>Douglas
>
>BTW: I also discovered that the Canon 20D is not
>exactly waterproof - careful use of a hair-drier had it
>working again after an hour or so.

Thanks, Douglas, for a well shot series.  One of the great benefits
of this list, besides improving one's photography, is the chance to
see parts of the world one might never otherwise see.

Of the lot, my fav, is  Red-Brick Gothic, by night.

Were your night shots done on a "real" tripod, a travel tripod, or
simply with your camera braced against a fence, lamppost or whatever's handy?

Oh, and belated congratulations. I'm sure Florian will do well, in
the Navy,  and you have every right to be proud! :-)

Thanks for the tour.  It looks cool, there, but I took your advice
and "took the walk" from somewhere warm.... inside!

Outside, we have 50mm of fresh snow, overnight.  I fear winter is coming!

David
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada

Wildlife & Sports: www.furnfeather.net