[LRflex] Re: IMG: A day in the life of ...

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:32:37 -0700

Hi Philippe,
After a long time of not posting any comments on the list, I am
crawling out of the loads of work in my 'day job' to also vote for the
color version.   IMHO - reason is that color works better in this
scene than the B&W one, esp. to bring out the 3-dimensionality.  The
contrasting blue of the sky against the other colors of the road, as
well as the antiquated columns on the right, all tend to bring the
scene into life. The B&W version seems busy and slightly flat(?) even
though I understand the intended use of diagonals (e.g. the road) to
suggest a vanishing point in order to create a sense of perspective.
Thanks for sharing!
Regards, Eric