[LRflex] Re: I am new here

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 11:25:05 -0400

John <jbuf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Doug.
>    Yes that was me in walnut creek, the big guy with all the cameras
(LOL) Thanks for > remembering me

IIRC the cameras you had with you that day were all Leica M.

and in another message:

> Even though I love M cameras for their simplicity . I find myself more
attracted to
> the R cameras there is jsut something about looking through an incredible
peice of
> glass and composing on the ground glass.

Have you used the Leicaflex SL?  I agree about the attraction of the M
cameras, for me the Leicaflex SL has most of the M cameras' simplicity
along with the most amazing reflex viewfinder.  I'm currently using the R8
with DMR most of the time, but I find myself wishing the R8 had the SL's
viewfinder.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com