[LRflex] Re: How will this affect Film Shooters? Leica?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:26:51 -0400

Good points all David, but there is a big money resource out there which, in
theory, could tide kodak thru to an orderly downsizing: The Kodak Patent
Portfolio.

There are massive billion dollar patent fights in progress right now over smart
phones and ipad like tablets - not to mention the software and operating
systems for them.
(and those lovely patent trolls extracting money from companies on flimsy
patent claims)

Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc etc are collecting patent portfolios for
defending, preventing, and making lawsuit claims.

Kodak's Patent File Cabinet could be worth Billions to these megacorps just on
speculation of helping their lawsuit situations.

The hiccup for Kodak is the (real or imagined) Bankruptcy Potential floating
over the negotiations. The whole bruhaha in the media might have simply come
from a suitor who was grumpy about kodak using bankruptcy as a negotiating tool
or a suitor wanted the bruhaha to force kodak into a lower price to avoid
bankruptcy.

Richard in Michigan

 I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I
don't know why I'll do it again!

Bart Simpson