[LRflex] High Dynammic Range (HDR), tests by the River Marne

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:27:40 +0200

Hello Flexers.

It's a sunny day today, I went out to take a pair of pictures for playing with
HDR Luminance: Bracketing used is -2/0/+2, pocket LX3 (with Leica Lens) mounted
on tripod.

Then assembling the 3 shots and playing around with the various effects.

One House:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/marne3.jpg

The flyover over the Marne:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/marne1.jpg

and finally a bystander waiting for her dog to finish its bath:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/marne2.jpg

The colors are, er, er, er, judge for yourself.

Anyhow, when you have assembled the HDR image, you need to project the whole
into the LDR space (what a screen can display) and the results are greyish
(such as compression would do) or with false colors (funnier)

To me, HDR is not too convincing. YMMV, may be I was not fortunate!!!!

Enjoy!