[LRflex] For you aircraft buffs

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:13:54 +0100

Folks
For those of you who are keen aircraft buffs, and remember Douglas Bader, here is a photograph of his Alvis TE21, taken at Shuttleworth, probably in the late 80s or early 90s:

http://www.pbase.com/image/87453249

I hope you find this interesting. The car, to the best of my knowledge, no longer exists, having been bought by some banger-racing yob - for a lot of money - and smashed up on a banger racing track...for some bizarre kick. A great shame. Note the Spitfire mascot.

Cheers
Keith Longmore