[LRflex] FS: 400 Telyt f6.8 in Nikon mount

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:16:41 +0800

Hi Flexers,
As some of you know, I am recognizing my age and slowing hand - eye
co-ordination and migrating to AF VR Nikkor lenses for my wild animal
shooting.
So, I have quickly sold the Nikkor 300 f4.5 AIS. I was surprised at
the strength
of demand for such an old manual focus lens.

Now I am offering up the 400 Telyt. This was Dr. Joseph Yao's lens and
it is in exceptionally clean condition. I have had the bayonet changed
to Nikon - a leitax bayonet which I had to have specially milled - as
the leitax bayonet is for the earlier versions and this one is later.
It is completely reversible to R mount - which comes with the lens,
of course. The lens has original caps both R and N, shoulder stock and
two lens bags for carrying the lens when it is broken down into two
parts.

Here it is mounted on the D700:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/TIGER/TigHuntW.jpg.html

and here is a sample picture taken with the Telyt in Bandhavgarh Tiger
Reserve:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Final+Tigers/TigUpW.jpg.html

Price: US$850 plus HK air parcel post, including insurance and tracking,
at cost (estimated to be about US$75).

Please contact me off list if you have any interest.

Thanks

Howard