[LRflex] Re: Enhancing software, interesting?

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:20:00 +0100

Hello all
DxO were well represented at the last Photokina in Cologne, quite
impressive but very expensive.

I find a combination of PTLens (as a PS plugin) for lens and camera
distortion corrections, vignetting, colour fringing and even a Fish-eye
correction module plus NeatImage(plug-in and standalone) or PureImage
(standalone only) for noise reduction and a few other things, to be
perfectly adequate.

PTLens is free and the other stuff is not too expensive. It's well worth
taking a look at their sites on the web.
 PTLens is made by epaperpress and has profiles for most digital SLRs. a
load of P&S models (lens/camera profile), hundreds of lenses (MF and AF)
and, if you want a profile for a particular lens, you can send them a
test shot or two and they'll get around to building one.

NeatImage is a bit complicated, but when you get used to it it's
incredibly versatile (made by ABSoft),
PureImage has a couple of useful tricks like colour matching and
resizing to various image formats plus a whole range of noise reduction
algorithms (made by mediachance who also make a whole package of
excellent correction ware at a reasonable prices (DCE tools).
Cheers
Douglas