[LRflex] Re: Doug's gallery show...HUGE disappointment

  • From: Paul Stubblebine <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:10:20 -0700

The show wasn't disappointing. The disappointment was that I didn't get to see
it. I couldn't make the opening, but kept it on my radar all month. I actually
kept the web page open as a reminder, and every time I looked at it it said the
show runs through April 29th. Well, with one thing and another, and several
client emergencies (defined as a situation that feels like an emergency to no
one but the client, yet they expect everyone around them to jump. Freelancers
will recognize the phenomenon.) here I was at the end of the month, but I had
today clear, so planned to drive the two hours from San Francisco and see it. I
called first, just in case they were closing early for St. Swithin's Day or
something. They told me it was too late, they were already taking the show
down. My amazement that they advertise a show through a certain date but don't
keep it up through that date was met with a bored "This is just how we do it"
response. The employee did take my name and number for the owner, but the owner
hasn't called back.

I'm going to cool off for a day before I say anything about how I really feel
about the management of the gallery.

Paul Stubblebine