[LRflex] David's LeiCanon FC Adapter / Therapy for Leica Syndrome?

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 15:30:02 -0700

Dear David,
You certainly found a FC adapter at the right price; perhaps I paid
double that. If I need another, I'll try your source.  Also, I liked
your LeiCanon bird shot previously, and simply love the contrasty keel
of the fisherman's boat against the water - really a nice catch with
gorgeous light!

Flavio, I think the only effective therapy from the Leica syndrome is
if our wives sold off our collection while we weren't looking (LOL),
or if some high-end cell phone(s) in 3 to 5 years' time became an
affordable 'serious' Barnack camera with a good Carl Zeiss or
Schneider Kreuznach fixed/zoom lens (think Sony Ericsson or Samsung)!
The latter may replace my travel kits.

My reason for collecting Leica's are more recent compared to many on
this thread. To think my Leica syndrome started only 7-8 years ago!
Before that I was strictly Rolleiflex 3003-bound.  However, using
plasticky 2MP digital cameras at work in 1999/2000 got me interested
in the mechanical perfection of the Oscar Barnack legacy; the rest is
history - albeit one that has been as much a collector's hobby as a
shooter's penchant.   I inherited the R gear after my father's CABG
surgery and he elected to go the route of Leica P&S's......but his R
inventory has 'evolved' as well.
Gosh, if I spent as much time on Buddhist meditation as I spent
thinking about cameras/lenses in the past 8 years, I may be
enlightened by now!

So here you have it - the unabridged confessions of yet another Leica addict:
Note: (*) = male jewellery mint condition; i.e. guilty of
oggling/fondling but not using.

LTM: IIIf RD ST(*), IIIg (*)
Summicron 35/2 Asph. (*) (rare!); Summaron 35/2.8 & 35/3.5;
Collapsible Elmar 50/2.8

M: Chrome M3 user with MR4 meter; Black-repainted M3 X 2(*); M2 (*);
Konica Hexar RF (M mount but no "red dot", haha!), and less one M7 .72
(just sold it)
Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 2nd version; Summicron 35/2 pre-Asph and 35/2 Asph;
Summaron 35/2.8 with "eyes"; Tele-Elmarit 90; Elmarit 28mm;
Collapsible Summicron 50mm; DR Summicron 50 with "eyes"

R: SL2 + R7 (previously had a SL but 'upgraded' to SL2).
Super-Angulon 21/4 added 3rd cam; Summicron 90/2 2 cam; Vario Elmar
35-70 fixed 4.0; Angenieux 70-210; 100mm macro w/bellows; 180
Apo-Telyt;

These days I mostly shoot with R7/SL2/Canon 20D w/R adapter, and also
Hexar RF when traveling. (As some of you may have noticed, I also like
the Hasselblad X-Pan dual format camera for travel photos when there's
lots of available light.  Thought I would try it out, then sell it,
but it would cost more to replace and it turns out I like the rebadged
Fuji lens quality.)

Wish list:  Would like to have a used M7 0.58 and a M8, but that isn't
going to happen unless I sell off my Rolleiflex 2.8f 12/24 white face
and 6008i system with 3 lenses.  So translated, that means that's not
going to happen....!

Shalom,
Eric Chan

------------------------------
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:42:37 -0700
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: More: Yesterday's LeiCanon experience
At 31/05/2007, you wrote:
>OK.  Forget the brand, but where for $15 + S/H did you find a focus
>conformation adaptor?  I see none less than $25 with almost that much for
>S/H.  Could I have a web address please?
>
>Aram
Sorry, Aram.  Clumsy fingers... $25 + shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170106175377
He has more.
Quality of adapter was OK.  Could be better.  But works fine.