[LRflex] Re: Close Call...

  • From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 09:45:00 -0800

You could of course be paranoid like me:
One HDD for each year's photos kept off site
At home, for each year's photo's with an offsite HDD, an 8TB mirrored RAID.
For the current 2 years of photos, an internal 2TB mirrored RAID and an
External mirrored 2TB raid. For the external 2TB raid, the disks are
swappable, so I have 3 disks. Each month end I take out one disk from the
home RAID and replace it with a disk kept offsite. So dual data redundancy
for the last 2 years of photos.
Worst case, I loose 1 months worth of data unless both buildings crumble (a
possibility for certain around here!) or data is corrupted.

I sleep better knowing this :-)
Best,
Bob

PS - That doesn't include the process for my other data and O/S backups!

Glad you recovered from a very close call, David!
Best,
Bob

Bob Adler