[LRflex] Re: Caught! - For Axel

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:03:27 -0700

Hi Axel!

You wrote:

>David , i have become a big fan of your pictures.

Thank you, Axel!  :-)

>Can you tell us something : how did you do it ?

Nothing too complicated.  I used my OlympusE3 with 50~200mm f2.8~4
lens (a 400mm fov), closed the aperture 1/2 stop to gain a wee bit of
DOF, auto focus and ISO 400 with center-weighted metering.

I poked the camera through the metal fencing and let the camera do
the rest.  One shot ... no motor drive.

As Ansel Adams said "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."

Cheers!

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, BC,  Canada

Wildlife & Sports: www.furnfeather.net