[LRflex] Brother, can you spare a dime?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:12:29 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:

>Family emergency, must raise cash.

All:

Doug is a heck of a nice fellow... mild mannered, always polite,
superbly knowledgeable and a true gentleman.  He has been a stalwart
on this list for years.  He has taught us all and taught us well.

I do not know the nature of his emergency, nor do I wish to
know.  Not my business. But I do know that he would not be selling
his gear unless he was in a real bind... and suddenly, it's all for
sale!  This is not right!

I've just sent him some cash (No, I'm not buying anything) via PayPal
(telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).  Someday, when life is better, perhaps he'll
repay me... perhaps he won't.  It matters not.

Doug is one of photographers whose photographic standards I aspire
to.  He has been an inspiration to many of us and helped us all.  Now
it's our turn to help him.

If you can find it in you, maybe you could send him a little, too.

If you are a PayPal user, you can do it by going to paypal.com, log
on, select the tab that says "send money", and follow the
instructions from there.  I recommend tagging it as payment for a
service performed and on the final screen you should check the box
saying that there is no need for him to ship a product. Once again,
it's telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.