[LRflex] Re: A few shots of Kinsale, Co. Cork

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 16:30:09 +0100

Hi Alex,

should have written "last sighted" - Mr Browne was a very lucky photographer:-)

Douglas

On 01.03.2013 16:12, Alex Hurst wrote:
Douglas - spot on about the Lusitania, which was torpedoed about a mile off the Old Head of Kinsale.

Have a feeling the Titanic set sail from Queenstown (now known as Cobh). Or did you really mean 'last seen'?

A very talented photographer, Fr. Frank Browne, was on the leg across to France. Many of his shots were used as the basis for scenes in the film - I particularly remember the young boy with the toy top.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Browne

Best of light.

Alex

Sent from Alex's iPad Mini

On 1 Mar 2013, at 14:48, Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx <mailto:douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>> wrote:

Very nice!

IIRR, also the place from where the Titanic was last seen on her fateful first (and last) voyage, and not far from where the Lusitania went down.

Cheers
Douglas

On 28.02.2013 15:38, Alex Hurst wrote:
Amazingly we've had a few days of sunshine here.

So we made an expedition down to the famous Co. Cork harbour town of Kinsale, much loved by tourists.

Shots at:

http://tinyurl.com/cw8urc2

Enjoy!

C&C welcome as always.