[LRflex] Re: 80-200, first photos

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 06:20:29 -0700

Doug Herr offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: 80-200, first photos

> Fortunately the puppy is in good shape: no internal bleeding, no broken
> bones, which is rather amazing considering the horse mistook her for a >
> rat and tried stomping on her.  A little bruised and shaken up, otherwise
>  > she's OK.<<<

Hi Doug,
Along those lines but a kitten at my friends ranch in Alberta.

Horse steps on kitten that had been born in the barn. Fortunately it escaped
the fate of the rest in the litter, don't ask! His young daughters freak out
so he takes it to the Vet. Vet's response.... "We'll check him out and call
you shortly."

They go home, buddy goes off to do chores, phone rings daughter answers
phone and vet says thinking he's speaking to some one older in the family to
approve said operation.... " The kitten will be OK but requires some major
surgery, what would you like me to do?"

Daughter says... "Oh that's OK fix him right away and call when we can bring
him home."

A couple of days pass, now it's time to get kitten. My friend arrives and is
surprised with a vet bill for the operation, a little over a thousand
dollars!!!!

With that and figuring it had missed the fate of the others in the litter he
paid it and immediately named the cat.... "Mr.Lucky!" :-)

Glad to hear your pup will be OK. never like to see an animal suffer.

ted