[LRflex] Re: 35-70 f4 zoom

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 00:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dave,

The 35-70/4 ROM lens is great if you can live with F4 and the limited 2x zoom
range.  It produces sharp and saturated slides; used Astia 100F and Provia
100F/400F.  This has been my favorite travel lens.

Regards,
Gary E

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:11:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_=5BLRflex=5D_Re=3A_Piet=E0?=

Hey Walter;
I know that this is slightly off-topic but I'm curious about your 35-70 f4 zoom.
I know that several 35-70's were marketed under the Leica name. Some were fine
and others were not the greatest. Later, I'll refer to the tests but, as a
user,
what are your observations re. the performance of this lens? Have you used it
with slide film?
Thanks,
Dave