Re: the season...

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:00:59 -0800

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: [Leica] the season...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/leaf.jpg.html <<<

Hi Steve,
I don't have any hesitation in saying this photograph is a pure work of art!
If one ever had the ability to have an incredible touch in the "Art of
Observation" This has to be it.

A number of people, including some photographers, they'd never see this
composition. It wouldn't be seen! Others would see nothing but a dead leaf
on a tree branch. Quite probably many other non-visual people would miss it
completely even when you show this picture. However, your inherent ability
to use your " Art of Observation" in seeing so many things in day to day
life, this is quite amazing. This photograph points it out extremely well.

I'd hang a print of this on the wall very proudly it's such a touching
photograph illustrating, if nothing else,  .... "Loneliness!"

It certainly is in a "FINE ART" category without question!

Good on you lad!

cheers,
ted