The Harvest Festival...

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:40:56 -0700

A couple of years ago, on Hornby Island, I ran into a plumber I know. I
enquired how he came to have a day off, mid week.  He explained that it was the
"harvest festival", that day.

"On a Tuesday?", I asked.

"Yup... we were all working on this house, when a report came in that a dozen
RCMP officers in 3 large trucks had been spotted on the ferry.  All the guys
went home to get thier crop in before the ferry landed!"

No, I didn't get photos of the harvest, but this one sums up the Hornby Island
lifestyle...

Go to http://www3.telus.net/~telyt and then click on "Featured Photo".

Comments, criticism appreciated... as alyways.

Thanks for looking.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.